If an evacuation order is issued for your neighborhood and you cannot leave the area, JTA does provide free transportation to open public shelters only. During an evacuation order and depending on where you live in Jacksonville, there are two ways to use JTA services:
1. Take any JTA bus marked“Evacuation Shuttle” on a regularJTA bus route before the announced cut off time.
2. Go to any one of four specially-designated public pick-up locations:
- Fletcher High School - 700 Seagate Avenue, Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- Mayport Middle School - 2600 Mayport Road, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Baldwin Middle-High School - 291 Mill Street, West Baldwin, FL 32234
- Jacksonville Beach Elementary - 315 South Tenth Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Please see the JTA Hurricane Evacuation Guide found at this link for more information.
Do you have special needs?
When an evacuation order is issued, JTA will provide transportation for residents with special needs to a designated shelter.
Pre-registration with the city is required for special needs evacuation. Registration does not carry over from year to year.
Once registered, JTA can transport customers to designated special needs public shelters.
Register for special needs at this link.
For more information regarding JTA's commitment to helping citizens with special needs, please visit this link.